The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being
Received Date: Jan 17, 2017 / Accepted Date: Feb 02, 2018 / Published Date: Feb 05, 2018
When discussing the meaning of ‘measuring health’, it is important to understand what health means. Therefore, according to World Health Organisation, WHO (1948), “Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity” . This definition indicates that it is really important to know the overall individual’s current health and wellbeing status by considering all three dimensions of health that is physical, mental and social health. When focusing on the importance of measuring health from a public health and health promotion point of view, it is important to highlight the definition of public health. “Public health is the science and art of promoting and protection health and well-being, preventing ill-health and prolonging life through the organized efforts of society . Therefore, measuring and understanding the health of individuals is very important, as it helps to keep people healthy and live longer, preventing and curing the disease by identifying and introducing the best intervention program which will work for the specific person.
Physical health can be defined as the proper functioning of all the external and internal parts and organs of the person’s body which allows the person to perform the daily tasks normally without any limitation . Good mental health means a person should be able to understand the potential, can manage the general and normal life stresses, can be able to participate in the society, and can be able to work effectively . Well-being can be explained as a positive feeling which a person experiences in the absence of ill health. It is connected with the accomplishment of an individual’s own goals and by achieving these goals, the individual feels well and good . Social health can be defined as how the person is able to interact with people for example friends, family and society. When a person is socially healthy, it helps him or her to develop relationships with other people and to make new friends in society. It also helps the people in career and enable them to live independently in their adult life [6-24].
- World Health Organisation (2006)瓷砖市场战火连天 本土品牌积极汲取经验
- The UK’s Faculty of Public Health (2010) What is public health.
- Normalbreathing.com (2001) Physical health definition and simple body oxygeb DIY test.
- World Health Organisation (2017)楼市现房贷利率倒挂现象 专家呼吁三四线加杠杆
- Naidoo J, Wills J (2016) Foundations for health promotion, (4th edn) London.
- The Den (2000) Friends and relationships.
- Firth L (2010) Smoking and health. Cambridge: Independence.
- GOV.UK (2016) The eat well guide.
- GOV.UK (2011)多地的楼市成交反弹昙花一现还是持续回暖？
- Get Berkshire active (2017)北京消协：两成坐便器被检出用水过多 部分产品“傍名牌”
- GOV.UK (2017)国家统计局：5月份国民经济持续稳中向好
- GOV.UK (2013)卫浴节水新国标发布 产品节水话题再次升温
- Helpguide.org (2017)中国建材行业一周大事记（5.3-5.6）
- Mental health foundation (2017)卫浴企业面临僧多粥少局面 行业自救靠什么才能保住利润
- Mind (2013)家居卖场引进百货商业 是权宜之计还是各取所需？
- NHS Choice (2016) Stop smoking treatments.
- NHS Choices (2017) How to deal with stress.
- NHS Choices (2015)三部门：加强完善4类重点对象农房危改
- National heart, lung and blood institute (2000)拥抱互联网+ 传统陶瓷企业“智”造升级
- Public Health England (2015)解读：厨电行业三巨头的文化暗战
- Public Health England (2016) NHS population screening explained.
- Slough clinical commissioning group (2016) Locality profile.
- Warwick (2015)惨烈价格战 LED照明龙头先卧倒
Citation: Khan R, Qureshi MSH (2018) The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being. J Community Med Health Educ 8: 586. DOI: 10.4172/2161-0711.1000586
Copyright: © 2018 Khan R, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
“Selling out!” “Pandering to the Americans!” The cries went up immediately when the official selection was announced. The list of directors crossing over to make films in English was a long one including the Italians Matteo Garrone and Paolo Sorrentino, Yorgos Lanthimos of Greece, Norway's Joachim Trier and even Guillaume Nicloux of France, a country whose cultural establishment is highly sensitive to the creeping Anglophone menace. The argument goes that Cannes is supposed to be a haven for world cinema; for English, there is Hollywood. But does it really matter? Films at Cannes in languages other than French or English play with subtitles in both languages – and that's a lot of text to deal with.
Share This Article
- Total views: 13913
- 银川市探索土地托管促“节本增效” 资金压力和人才短缺日益凸显
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 13581
- PDF downloads: 332